Interim tax bills will be issued in January with a payment due date of the last Friday in February. Final tax bills will be issued in July with a payment due date of the last
Friday in September.
Inquiries regarding your tax bill should be directed to the tax office at 613-928-2251, or toll free: 1-800-928-2250, extension #232 or 233 or email to
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan for Taxes
The Township of Rideau Lakes has a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP) for paying your taxes in 10 installments with the final installment to be adjusted according to the assessment and budgetary changes.
Almost 1800 ratepayers have taken advantage of the plan.
Unless we are notified in writing, ratepayers that took advantage of the plan last year will automatically continue to make their tax payments this way.
How does the PAP Work?
The PAP program runs from February to November.
The pre-authorized plan will begin in February each year. It will consist of 10 equal monthly payments. Each payment will be approximately one tenth of the previous years total tax levy on the property. The 10th and final monthly payment will also reflect any budgetary adjustments in your municipal taxes. Payments will be withdrawn on the last business day of each of the 10 months and credited to you account. Your final debit will be the last business day in November. Only ratepayers that do not have any tax arrears will be allowed to enroll in the PAP plan. The ratepayer may cancel the PAP plan provided that written notice is given at least 14 days prior to a payment date. Property owners who sign up for this program are responsible and have a duty to notify the tax office if they are planning to sell their property. Please note: all debits to accounts that are not honoured by the bank will be subject to a returned item charge of $43.00.
Will You Still Receive Property Tax Bills?
Yes, you will still receive an interim bill. However, this will be a statement only for your records. An additional payment is not required. You will also receive a final tax bill for your review and records. Supplemental billings cannot be included in the PAP calculation and therefore must be paid by the ratepayer using another optional payment method.
How Do You Join?
Download or view the
Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Form (24K PDF file)
- You may obtain an application form by contacting the tax office at 613-928-2251, or toll free at
1-800-928-2250 extension 232 or 233.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- If more than one signature is required on the chequing account, all must sign the application.
- Include an unsigned cheque marked ‘VOID’ with the application.
- Mail or deliver the application and voided cheque to the Township of Rideau Lakes c/o Tax Office, 1439 County Road 8, Delta, ON, K0E 1G0
- Applications will be received and accepted up to and including December 1. Applications received after this date will not be guaranteed participation in the PAP plan.
OTHER TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- Cash/Cheque/Debit at the Municipal Office in Chantry
- Payment by mail
- Internet or On-Line Banking
- Telephone banking
- Payments accepted at most Financial Institutions
- Payments accepted free of charge at Royal Bank branches in Perth, Portland and Smiths Falls
- Sign up for our PAP (Pre-authorized Payment Plan)
complete and send in our change of address form. Verbal requests not
Download or view the
Address Change Form (174K PDF file)
Note: the forms on this page are in Adobe PDF format. To view and/or print these file you will need the free Adobe PDF file viewer. To save these files directly to your computer (without viewing them first) simply click your right mouse button while on the link and choose the "save as" or "save target as" option.
Top of Page