Tax Payment Options
- Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP)
- On-Line/Telephone Banking
- In-person at Financial Institutions
- Free in-person at RBC in Perth, Portland and Smiths Falls
- In-person at Municipal Office in Chantry – 1439 County Road 8 (Cash, Cheque or Debit only)
- Cheque by Mail to 1439 County Road 8, Delta, ON K0E 1G0
Join the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
The Township of Rideau Lakes has a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP) for paying your taxes in 10 installments with the final installment to be adjusted according to the assessment and budgetary changes. Almost 1800 ratepayers have taken advantage of the plan.
Unless we are notified in writing, ratepayers that took advantage of the plan last year will automatically continue to make their tax payments this way.
How does the PAP Work?
The pre-authorized plan will begin in February each year. It will consist of 10 equal monthly payments. Each payment will be approximately one tenth of the previous year’s total tax levy on the property. The 10th and final monthly payment will also reflect any budgetary adjustments in your municipal taxes.
Payments will be withdrawn on the last business day of each of the 10 months and credited to your account. Your final debit will be the last business day in November.
Only ratepayers that do not have any tax arrears will be allowed to enroll in the PAP plan.
The ratepayer may cancel the PAP plan provided that written notice is given at least 14 days prior to a payment date.
Property owners who sign up for this program are responsible and have a duty to notify the tax office if they are planning to sell their property.
Please note: all debits to accounts that are not honoured by the bank will be subject to a returned item charge of $43.00.
Will You Still Receive Property Tax Bills?
Yes, you will still receive an interim bill. However, this will be a statement only for your records. An additional payment is not required. You will also receive a final tax bill for your review and records. Supplemental billings cannot be included in the PAP calculation and therefore must be paid by the ratepayer using another optional payment method.
How Do I Join?
- Complete and sign the PAP Application form.
- If more than one signature is required on the chequing account, all must sign the application.
- Include an unsigned cheque marked ‘VOID’ with the application.
- Mail or deliver the application and voided cheque to the Township of Rideau Lakes, 1439 County Road 8, Delta, ON K0E 1G0
- Applications will be received and accepted up to and including December 1. Applications received after this date will not be guaranteed participation in the PAP plan.
Change Your Address
Verbal requests are not accepted.
Send your form to Taxes link to email@example.com or fax to 613-928-2097